There’s nothing wrong with adding a little bit of heat to your sex life, and with wax play, that’s exactly what you’ll be doing.
I can’t say if its due to lockdown or the nation is getting kinkier, but wax play is getting increasingly popular.
Let’s take a look at how to get the best out of wax play without burning the house down!
- Like with anything to do with BDSM, you need to have a safe word. Let’s not forget with burning wax you need to be extremely careful, so make sure you and your partner are on the same wavelength when it comes to safety.
- Wherever you decide to carry out your wax play, make sure you’re not near anything flammable. So, stay away from curtains, bedsheets and tissues etc. Or, you could have a big problem on your hands!
- Make sure you use body-safe candles. Believe it or not, but not all candles are designed for BDSM. A simple google search of “BDSM wax play candle” will bring up a range of options for you to choose from.
- Have a jug of lukewarm water nearby to apply to any burns. Wax play can get dangerous (especially around the sensitive areas), so make sure you have a plan should the worst happen.
- Be warned – sometimes removing wax once it has dried on your body can be painful! I strongly recommend using baby oil!
I hope this guide helps you get the most out of your wax play journey! Wax play can be a lot of fun, but you need to make sure you stay safe!